MyEUtaxback ON-LINE chat
+371 678 593 75 (9 am - 6 pm, Mon-Fr.)
Any questions?
Our managers will answer your questions.
Call us
+371 678 593 75
+371 270 800 82

Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Send your question via e-mail
Talk with us
ON-LINE chat: send a question
Skype chat: eutaxback
Want to talk personally with the manager?
Get to know our offices
Thanks. Since you will be contacted shortly.
Request a call back

Finland – Tax guide for Mobile EU Workers

Our Tax guide is produced to help mobile EU workers who are moving to Finland, or who are working in Finland as a general workers, self-employers, freelancers, seasonal workers or seafarers. It will help you to understand the tax rates and benefits and also check that you are paying the correct amount of tax in Finland.

Quick Facts
Tax Year to date 1st January to 31st December
Time limits for claiming a tax refund 2011, 2012 and 2013 tax years.
Tax free 0% of Income Tax A tax free personal allowance for a single person
  • up to €16 100 - for tax year 2012
Tax resident An individual is treated as a resident in Finland if he/she stays in Finland for a continuous period of more than six months per one year.
Tax residents are liable to pay Finish tax on their worldwide income.
Non tax resident Non-residents are taxed on Finish-source income only (limited tax liability).
Non-residents are not entitled to personal allowance.
However, if you are a non resident and earn 75% of your yearly income in Finland - you are entitled to full personal allowance as a tax resident in Finland.
Double Taxation Agreement Finland has signed tax treaties with many countries to avoid double taxation. The main aim of these agreements is to avoid that one taxpayer is charged similar taxes more than once on the same income for the same period.

Learn more
Tax Authority Verohallinto
Salary An average minimum wage is about € 8 per hour.
There is no minimum wage in Finland.
Filing a tax return
Who Needs to File a Tax Return?
  • Every individual working in Finland who has had taxable income should get a pre-completed tax return from VERO SKAT in April (for the previous tax year).
  • If you are a freelancer, self-employed, run a business or have income from more than one country you must file a tax return.
NOTE! If you want to get a tax refund - this can be done by filing a tax return.
Tax Return due date
  • 7th May or 14th May.
When will you get your refund money? After submitting a tax return, you will receive a Tax Assessment from the tax authorities by end of October (for the previous tax year).
If you have paid too much tax (overpaid tax), Finish tax office will send your money directly into you bank account in December (for the previous tax year).
Tax Assessment
  • SKAT sends a Tax Assessment to taxpayers in November.
The Tax Assessment is a letter with tax calculation and information about tax repayments or tax underpayments.
What documents or information do I need for filing a tax return with Eutaxback.com?
  • Copy of Annual statement from your employer or the last payslip.
  • Proof of income outside Finland;
  • Copy of ID or Passport;
If some of your forms has been lost or destroyed, - no problem, we will offer recovery services at no additional cost.
Identification Tax Number Tax ID number (HETU) - is a unique personal number for every Finish citizen and is to be used for employment and government services. Number consists from digits and figure, for example, 01121974-999J.
Taxes, allowances and tax credits
Income Tax and Social Security Income tax rate (2014) for tax residents
  • 0.00% from € 0 up to € 16 300;
  • 6.5% from € 16 300 up to € 24 300;
  • 17.50% from € 24 300 up to € 39 700;
  • 21.50% from € 39 700 up to € 71 400;
  • 29.75% from € 71 400 to € 100 000
  • 31.75% over €100 000
Municipal and church taxes and the health insurance contribution will be taxed at 18-26%.

The tax rate -35% (and 15% for sportsmen and performing artists) at which a non-resident's wages will be taxed will not depend on the amount of income.
Allowances and tax credits Tax free personal allowances and deductions 2014
  • Personal allowance up to €16 300 per year;
  • The work income deduction is €945 per year (maximum).
  • The basic allowance for municipal taxation is a maximum €2,850 (the basic allowance applies to yearly salaries not exceeding €17,100).
Freelancers & self-employers.
  • Business expenses. You can claim expenses for: business costs for vehicles, business use of your home, double household, accountancy fees, private use of business premises as a home.
! You can claim full allowances and get tax refund when you file your tax return or send a claim form, only.
  • Best price guarantee
  • Privacy Policy
  • Data protection
  • Become a Partner
  • Discounts and offers
Call Us
+371 678 593 75
Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Other contacts
E-mail: info@eutaxback.com
Skype chat: eutaxback
Follow us
© 2005 - 2015 SIA EUTAXBACK.COM All rights reserved. Use of this website in accordance with our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.
EUTAXBACK.COM SIA has been registered in Republic of Latvia (EU) Registration number. 41503037472 Registered address: Mihoelsa 66-14, DAUGAVPILS, LV5401, LATVIA
In case of disagreement or doubt in regard to services, one must notify Eutaxback.com by e-mail info@eutaxback.com We guarantee a response within 5 days (in business days).

*The refund amount is an average value of our clients. Your refund amount may differ due your individual circumstances.