MyEUtaxback ON-LINE chat
+371 678 593 75 (9 am - 6 pm, Mon-Fr.)
Any questions?
Our managers will answer your questions.
Call us
+371 678 593 75
+371 270 800 82

Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Send your question via e-mail
Talk with us
ON-LINE chat: send a question
Skype chat: eutaxback
Want to talk personally with the manager?
Get to know our offices
Thanks. Since you will be contacted shortly.
Request a call back

The Netherlands – Tax guide for Mobile EU Workers

Our Dutch Tax guide is produced to help mobile EU workers who are moving to Holland, or who are working in Holland as a general workers, self-employers, freelancers, seasonal workers or seafarers. It will help you to understand the tax rates and benefits and also check that you are paying the correct amount of tax in the Netherlands.

Quick Facts
Tax Year to date 1st January to 31st December
Time limits for claiming a tax refund 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 tax years.
Tax free 0% of Income Tax Tax credits in 2014 tax year
  • General tax credit up to € 2103
  • Working tax credit up to € 2097
  • Single parent tax credit € 947
! You can claim allowances and get a tax refund when you file a tax return, only.
Tax resident If you live in Holland, you must pay Dutch tax on your worldwide income.
If you live abroad but work in the Netherlands, you can also apply to be treated as a resident for the tax purposes.
Non tax resident Non-residents are taxed on Dutch-source income only (limited tax liability).
Non-residents are not entitled to full tax credits.
Double Taxation Agreement The Netherlands has signed tax treaties with many countries to avoid double taxation. The main aim of these agreements is to avoid that one taxpayer is charged similar taxes more than once on the same income for the same period.

Learn more
Tax Authority Belastingdienst
Salary The minimum wage is € 8.48 per hour - for persons aged 23 and over from 1st January 2013.
Filing a tax return
Who Needs to File a Tax Return?
  • If you're general employee and only earn income from salary - you are not legally required to file a tax return.
NOTE! If you want to get a tax refund - this can be done by filing a tax return.
  • If you are a freelancer, self-employed, run a business or have income from more than one country you must file a tax return.
Tax Return due date
  • 1st April
When will you get your refund money? After submitting a tax return, you will receive a preliminary Tax Assessment from the Holland tax office in 12 weeks.
If you have paid too much tax (overpaid tax), Holland tax office will send your money directly into you bank account within 10 working days after the date of issue of the notice of Tax Assessment.
Tax Assessment
  • After submitting a tax return, you will receive a preliminary Tax Assessment from Belastingdienst.
A preliminary Tax Assessment "Voorlopige aanslag" is a letter with tax calculation and information about tax repayments or tax underpayments.
  • Once Inspector has checked the tax return, you will receive a final Tax Assessment (Aanslag). The final Tax Assessment must be issued within 3 years after the tax return filing was submitted. A final Tax Assessment is a letter with the final tax calculation.
What documents or information do I need for filing a tax return with Eutaxback.com?
  • Copy of Jaaropgaaf (or "jaaropgave") or copy of last payslip
  • Proof of income outside Holland;
  • Copy of ID or Passport;
If some of your forms have been lost or destroyed, - no problem, we will offer you recovery services at no additional cost.
Identification Tax Number
  • (BSN or sofinummer) - is a unique personal number for every Netherlands citizen and is to be used for employment and government services. Number consists from 9 digits, for example, 7878.00.000.
Annual Statement from employer Jaaropgaaf (or "jaaropgave") - is the Annual statement from your employer. The form includes the details of your earnings and the amount of tax you have paid.
  • Total earnings "Loon loonbelasting / volksverzekeringen";
  • Taxes (income tax and national insurance contributions) - "Ingehouden loonbelasting / premie volksverzekeringen";
  • Working person's tax credit - "Verrekende arbeidskorting";
View an example of Jaaropgaaf
Taxes, allowances and tax credits
Income Tax and Social Security Combined payroll tax rates 2014 (Income from employment, including National social insurance contributions)
  • 36,25% - from € 1 up to € 19645
  • 42% - from € 19646 up to € 33363
  • 42% - from € 33364 up to € 56531
  • 52% - from € 56531
Residents of Netherlands and workers are obliged to take out Dutch basic health insurance- called the “basisverzekering”, which guarantees basic statutory cover at a nominal statutory premium. The mandatory deduction in 2014 is € 360 per insured person per calendar year.
Allowances and tax credits Allowances in 2014
  • general tax credit (Algemene heffingskorting) - a maximum of € 2103 per year;
  • The employed person's tax credit (Arbeidskorting)- a maximum of € 2 097 per year;
  • the single parent's tax credit (Alleenstaande-ouderkorting) - a maximum of € 947 per year;
  • Healthcare allowance (Zorgtoeslag) maximum of € 865 per year
Unused personal allowances are transferable between spouses.
! You can claim full allowances and get tax refund when you file your tax return or send a claim form, only.
  • Best price guarantee
  • Privacy Policy
  • Data protection
  • Become a Partner
  • Discounts and offers
Call Us
+371 678 593 75
Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Other contacts
E-mail: info@eutaxback.com
Skype chat: eutaxback
Follow us
© 2005 - 2015 SIA EUTAXBACK.COM All rights reserved. Use of this website in accordance with our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.
EUTAXBACK.COM SIA has been registered in Republic of Latvia (EU) Registration number. 41503037472 Registered address: Mihoelsa 66-14, DAUGAVPILS, LV5401, LATVIA
In case of disagreement or doubt in regard to services, one must notify Eutaxback.com by e-mail info@eutaxback.com We guarantee a response within 5 days (in business days).

*The refund amount is an average value of our clients. Your refund amount may differ due your individual circumstances.