Each person who earns the salary, pension or allowance, will get a copy of the tax return RF-1030 (called selvangivelsen)
The last page of the tax return contains the Preliminary calculation of tax and duties (called Foreløpig beregning av skatter og avgifter
The preliminary calculation contains the following information:
- The row called: "Foreløpig beregnet skatt og avgift etter skattefradrag" indicates the amount of taxes to be paid.
- The row called: "Foreløpig beregnet skatt til gode (uten renter)" indicates the amount of taxes to be refunded.
- The row called: "Foreløpig beregnet restskatt (uten renter)" indicates the amount of unpaid taxes.
. Check the correctness of the information.
Final tax assessment (in Norwegian: Skatteoppgjøret)
- Compare the amount of income in the form with the real income from your employer (section 2.1).
- Check the amount of tax deductions (section 3.2).
If you have made changes or left the declaration unchanged, the tax office will make the final tax assessment Skatteoppgjøret. You will receive the assessment on June 20 or from August 15 to October 23. The tax office cannot tell the exact time.
You can receive these documents by mail or in your Altinn profile.
Tax payments if tax refund and tax collection, if underpayment of taxes is carried out through the office of the tax collector
. For payments and fees, contact directly by phone or mail.
Learn more at the Skatteetaten International Tax Collection Office